Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A letter to Bobby

Dear Cuz,

Learning of your most recent illness, I thought back to some of the good times we had growing up.

I remembered one of the times we went to the Cotton Carnival in Memphis in the old dark blue panel truck with you driving. I can't remember who all went, just that the truck was packed and we had a ball! I also thought about one trip we took in your folks' green packard. It was packed, too, but, for the life of me, I can't remember where we went.

Another memory that came back was of you, Leroy, Bill and the Johnson boys throwing chinaberries at us girls from the tree in Grandmama and Granddaddy's back yard. I thought I would never forgive any of you for that!

I remember when you joined the Marines and what a rough time that was for you. But you survived and went on to accomplish what you had started out to do. I am so proud of you.

I also remember well the revival night when you, Leroy, Bill and I walked down the isle of First Baptist Church in Indianola and accepted Jesus into our hearts. That was a very special time. I didn't understand a whole lot about what I was doing then but God understood and He has "grown" me a lot since then.

I am praying for you constantly and hoping for a good report.

I love you, Karen

No comments: